Monday, December 17, 2012

Roses

Had a 'rose' type tangle that I wanted to use for the first time.  It has been in my sketch pad for a while and I don't remember where I got it, it was that long ago.


I scratch any interesting patterns in here and it is my source for everything I do.  There are a few I remember, but most I have to remind myself of by scrolling through these pages.  I wish I had the stamina to put together those beautiful organized albums I have seen on other blogs.  But ...it ain't gonna happen!

So I dug out my red Micron 5 and went to work with some cool leaves in the center and worked my roses from there.


I loved everything but those outside edge 'triangle' roses.  They didn't come out as dainty as I had wanted.  But once I had put ONE on the paper, I had to add enough all around to balance.  A mistake that couldn't be erased had to become part of the pattern.  It's a 5x7 piece.  I may try this again on a plate, and I will skip those icky roses. Loved what the shading did to really pull the pic together.  So glad I figured out how to use the prismacolor pencils to shade.

No comments: