This was a fun one!! I had to start a second one, because I missed the fact that there were threeeeee different size triangles, not two. So I put my pattern in the wrong one as I went around the circle.
Next try, I got it right and went searching thru patterns to see what would work well starting small at the bottom of the triangle and get bigger as it went up. I think I found pretty good ones, but this challenge took forever the way I chose to do it. Lots of detail, then shading , then trying to decide what to put on the very outside edge.
Took a break and went looking at whatever work had arrived at the bright owl's page. Well, they were great, but I heard the same mumble on many of them. It was a HARD one to figure out in most cases. And I stole the idea of a ribbon around the outside edge. Already forgot who did it, but thanks for the inspiration. Gotta practice it some more 'cause yours looked much better than mine......lol