Friday, October 12, 2012

Celtic challenge 9

Working on my second challenge today.  This one from bright owl says use 3 new patterns, so I went to tanglepatterns.com and punched in 'C' for Cathy and started copying all the patterns there that I had not put in my notes yet.  From there I fell in love with the catkin tangle.  I love pussy willows and this is just that.  So it became the focus of the celtic knot. 

The cord winding around the outer edge is new, and the very tiny edge at the furthest out is part of a new pattern.  Then the little scoops have another two new patterns.  I think that covers the challenge for me.  I really like the lacey results.  Trying to decide if I should add a bit of soft color or leave it alone. 

4 comments:

creativedoodlingwithjudywest said...

This is a very nice design Cat. Love what you have done.

Cris said...

That is beautiful. I love your open spaces! Great job.

Phoenix said...

I love the little rope sewn through it. Wonderfully done!

MagdaW said...

Wauw beautiful! :D