Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Zendala Autumn 26

Had fun with pencils, pens, and microns to get this put together.  I've always wanted to do that paradox thing over and over, but never found the right place to do it..... til this template.  That star just said it needed the same pattern, not many different ones.  And ORANGE was necessary for the autumn theme.

 It took a bit of thinking to come up with something other than the usual corn and pumpkins for the 'tiles' around the edge. I wanted to have somewhat of a zentangle pattern involved, rather than just drawing corn.  Then I thought of the tiny seed-like pattern that looked like corn kernels, and the round shape we use for puffs that would look like apples if they were red.  And I had just come across 'kisses' from 'a little lime' that looked like acorns if you turned them upside down... and I was off and running.  Butternut squash is a fav veggie for me and the colors worked, and then I finally added pumpkins.  There---tiles all the way around! Hope you like it too.

8 comments:

Jaye said...

OH...this is really a work of art! I love your combination of differnt medias! Very effective!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much.

Kreanimo said...

I do, I do like it! Totally autumn!

bjw_draw said...

wonderful seasonal touch :)

Karen Lynn said...

Very warm and autumny! Really lovely.

Tangles and More said...

Like all the different images but also like the what you did with the outside border.

Cathy said...

This is so rich in details! It reminds me of a produce stand and I love how colorful they are!

Sue Sharp said...

well done - it's lovely