Monday, October 15, 2012

Diva challenge 91

Broken Beads seems like a good name for this.  I wanted to try white on black and was disappointed  in a pen I had gotten, but today I tried my white pencil just to see, and LO --it showed up pretty well.  So here are my beads in white on the black background.  I don't think this is a favorite, but it fit the challenge. 

Must have had it in the scanner at a tilt.  I didn't mean for this to be, but it does make the pile look more 'broken'. 
Here's hoping these broken beads can be reused for Beads of Courage and mean something special. 

9 comments:

Shelly Beauch said...

Such a special effect like a photo negative!

Poppie_60 said...

So cool!! A lovely stack of beads!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Lovely, it's as Shelly sais like a photo negative.

Tinkered Art said...

What fun - the white edge provides just the right balance - cool accident

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Very cool idea! I like the way you have drawn in the openings at the ends of the beads.

MammaMayMiller said...

Wow!! LOVE this. Have been exploring drawing white on black recently, this is gorgeous work :)

Sue Sharp said...

Great idea! love the effect of white on black - it gives the beads quite a bit of definition.

janita m said...

I love it, beautiful

tanglewithlinda.wordpress.com said...

The white on black is very dramatic. Great take on this challenge.