Sunday, June 15, 2008

Grrrrr...some days are tough!

Working on a small quilt to put on ETSY and have ripped out and finally cut off the edge binding!!! I wanted to put a cord on the edge and then attach the mitered corner border. Can't do BOTH sucessfully. Lots of growling and finally scissors. Then tediously re-making the quilt a little larger and adding the border in a different manner. This involved three layers, of course, patched onto an already layered finished quilt. Well, more ripping ensued as I figured out which was the right way to get it attached without rough edges showing on the back. I am almost there - added the skinny flange without the cord inside, and then a bit wider border. Well darn it, I didnt get the edges ironed quite together, so I sewed one edge on and totally missed the edge I couldn't see underneath. More ripping, except I stopped to take a break and calm my nerves, so I could finish and keep my sanity!

And meanwhile yesterday after the first ripping and cutting I quit on this one and started a whole new one! Had a ton of these blue strips from a bargello quilt I did for my granddaughter and a bit of this fish material from my son's wall quilt. So I put together this simple log cabin block as a starter.

And I haven't figured out which cat template to add, as I want it to be looking at the fish in the block. The eyes will have to be adjusted a bit to be looking directly towards the fish and if they are playing 'stare-eyes'.

Because the block is so basic, I want to add a bit of pizazz to the border pieceing. Still thinking and planning.

1 comment:

loulee1 said...

Hehehe, I like the idea of Puss watching the fish.