Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Fishing with friend


Fishing with friend, originally uploaded by collectincat.

Here is a nice warm sunset terragen that had a peaceful look. I added the boy and his dog fishing and a simple frame. One of the easier ones to do for my Terragen Gallery Screensaver.

The problem with this type of picture is that it is not MINE. I can't claim the copyright. I didn't invent the terragen program, or pay for a license to use it. I didn't paint the boy and dog. I didn't even make the tube of the boy and dog.

So all the fun I have with this program doesn't give me any income. It does give the public FREE screensavers to enjoy. And it gives me free expression with the tools at hand to make a picture that appeals to me, and hopefully to anyone else that may see it.

Many of the free ones out there are under this copyright situation. If the work is totally your own photography or digital art, then it is unique and you are able to sell it under your own name.

Be sure you understand copyright before you consider the selling of any product that is made on the computer.

It's a beautiful day here so I am heading outside to be inspired and get some fresh air. Have a wonderful day in your part of the world, too.

No comments: