Monday, March 07, 2005

A mini-rant on screensaver 'extras'

I've been very dissapointed lately when I attempt to download a free screensaver to find I have to 'uncheck' for two or three other goodies they want me to have. I don't want them and I resent being forced to take them in some of the downloads. I find myself exiting without finishing the download. And I go for the personally made types of 'savers from people just like me. Not the professional flashy movie stars, sports, etc. (I assume they have the extra junk added, also) I guess they feel they can't afford to give away the 'savers.

I give away samples to encourage people to buy the whole product. I don't want to aggrivate them with commercials and tools for my browser, and things "you just can't live without".

If I am not downloading these 'savers with the bonus goodies, does that mean there are a lot of other folks doing the same thing?

If you are the designer of that 'saver, you are loosing me as a customer????

Even if you are giving them away for no gain, you are loosing a chance to show off your work if I, as a customer, refuse to download the garbage attached to your pretty 'saver.

If you are new to this endeavor, please try to find a way to avoid these gimmicks being added to your 'savers. If you already have this happenning--KNOW THIS

I'M NOT BUYING THESE TYPES OF SCREENSAVERS!!!! I'M NOT EVEN DOWNLOADING THE SAMPLES!

Now I'll get off my soapbox and get back to work. Thanks for listening.

No comments: