Saturday, April 19, 2008

Block Lotto Gift...

I got the nicest surprise with this new endeavor. A lady donated her blocks to us newbies because she had won other times, so I have one more chance than my own six(for my six blocks) so I have to try to get two more made and up the count so there are more winners in general in the lotto. I believe they have four by now and my two blocks could be just the ones that up the count enough for four winners. So I'm off to sew more little squares together.

I am going to be busy packing for a trip to the beach for a month starting next Friday, so I will be loading a lot of stuff for me and the pooch- including my sewing machine and a great new quilt pattern to try. My DH wants to stay on the home front, as this is great working-in-the-yard weather. He will make spot visits-along with my kids and other family! But it is a quiet vacation, before the summer crowds, and a sewing and quilting and knitting, and cross-stitch, and maybe a bit of painting vacation for me. With lots of beach walking mixed in, and scenic picture taking for screensavers. This is my first LOOONG vacation ever, and second alone. I am a very great lover of peace and quiet and alone-time, so it is going to be heaven for me.

Here are a couple of envy-making pics of the area.


No comments: