...that I have been trying to upload for three days. Used this photo from a Vermont trip to guide the wall quilt below.
Used beads and stones to embellish and some fusible very gently touched on one edge to make the 'foam' on the water.
Longer bugle beads enhance the fall leaves
Hope you can see the crystal beads on the foam, here. And, of course there is lots of free motion quilting going on.
The difference with this quilt is that I used stiff Timtex as the base. Figured if it worked so well on postcards that a piece would make it easier to do the machine work. And the fabric pieces are just glued in place(Avery purple glue, acid-free) for the machine work, and it held the fabric just fine. I liked working on the firm surface, but found I should have included the edging in my measurements for cutting the Timtex. I put in triangle corners and used dowels on the top and bottom to hold it straight, but when you hold it in your hands the edging kinda flops and the picture is firm. Live and Learn...