Thursday, April 06, 2006

Recent postcard art...

...that I tried uploading a few days ago. Today blogger seems to be cooperating again so I'm grabbing the chance to catch up.This lacy goody is for a friend who loves victorian.
And one for a fellow tea-drinker who now lives way up in Stowe, Vt.
This was a fun project for our real estate agent who has worked extra hard on trying to sell our complicated piece of property and houses. She had a bad time with a bacteria infection and I hope this will brighten her day a bit.






Now back to the drawing board. I have an idea cooking for a wall quilt. My son that is into fishy stuff hasn't received a recent quilt from me. I got some gorgeous material in a 'sweet treats' packet at that show in Seymour. It is a jumping off point for getting going. I want to incorperate the stained-glass method, and the cut-it-any-way without measuring method I have found on other blogs. The colors are really bright and 'out-of-the-box' for me. It also will include using the fancy bobbin threads and sewing upside-down for the first time. Should be fun.

1 comment: