Tuesday, March 07, 2006

"Fiberart For a Cause" postcards

Took a bit of time out from the 'swap' cards to do some for a great cause. (http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/NewFiles/ACSMakingFFACPostcards.html) This seemed a wonderful way to express myself and to show concern for a terrible disease at the same time. These postcards we donate are actually sold at the "International Quilt Festival" in Chicago! They sold over 350 of them last year. Cancer hasn't got a chance if we all pitch in and fight it. So I am going to try to give it a couple punches of my own.


My favorite purples with a fish missing the net. I even added a few red beads to the net edging.


This speaks for itself in it's title -"Gone Wild" The fuzz of the yarn shows off the edge of the card as well. I even took a tiny crochet hook and pulled some of the fuzz looser from under the net.


This came out so cool. I loved the shear white material with the striping and couldn't think what to do with it to make the transparency work. One of the other scraps had a cloud-like shape and the bell went off. "Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" was born.

No comments: