Monday, January 24, 2011

Yup, I'm still Baking...

...time just got away from me

Here are the two little bundts all dressed up


...and I had an idea for a mini-cake for two that I wanted to try. I don't have small enough cake pans, so I tried a couple bowls that have a nice rounded top - but straight sides. I torted them and added strawberry filling to these strawberry cakes. They were fun to frost and having a dome top made it easy to glaze in a nice smooth manner.

And a six-inch cake split and filled made a pretty cake too


...and here is a cute Chai tea cake with dark chocolate chai filling and powdered sugar dusting.

It was very tasty, especially the chocolate, but it was a bit dry in texture. Think this might be a canidate for simple syrup added before I frost.

I also gave a try to making a sponge cake that swirled into a jelly roll shape. It was absolutely delicious with the raspberry whip cream filling. Very light cake, perfect when you had a big meal! I'm thinking I would really like to make more of these!!!

3 comments:

black bear cabin said...

they all look delicious,and i dont even like sweets :)

Suze said...

all of them look great! I LOVE my mini bundt pan..it makes EVERYTHING look so cute!

Unknown said...

Look at those sweet cakes. Yum! How I wish I can taste your cakes. I bet its delicious.
mortice lock