Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tangling Letters


Got that next set of letters done, as I did get an immediate request to do my granddaughter's initials.

I wanted to put a little spider on top of the A, but feel I better wait til she pops in to visit so that I don't spoil it for her if she doesn't want an icky spider in her pic.  I hope she might consider it a cute addition, but we'll see!

Today I wanted to try something on my own, - no challenge or directions given- and decided to try using my cookie cutter hearts and a butterfly to put together my own 'string'   I wanted a little structure involved but still the freedom of the Zentangle in general.   So here it is...

I loved doing this and hope to get more ideas to play with 'free-style'.  This piece is a 9 x 12" on Bristol smooth, using a micron 5 in black.  I toyed with the idea of adding color, but there was so much going on, I didn't know where to start or what color to go with.  So I decided to be smart and leave it alone.

No comments: